Shelby sets the highest standard in short-term rehabilitative care. With its 10,000-square-foot therapy gym, our facility delivers a winning combination of advanced therapy equipment coupled with an exceptional team of specially trained therapists to meet your every rehabilitative need. The MHRS rehabilitation department at Shelby collaborates with Beaumont’s team for the best advancements in surgical spine care, orthopedic joint arthroplasty care and cardio-vascular care.
Our Rehabilitation Environment The new therapy gym at Shelby has the area’s finest in state-of-the-art equipment for the best rehabilitative care:
- Training suites including a full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and laundry facilities. The ultimate environment to improve performance on activities of daily living.
- A walking track, a full sized Cadillac to learn safe vehicle transfers and variable walking surfaces to simulate walking in the outside community
- Xbox and WiiU Stations to encourage flexibility and build hand/eye coordination
- Safe patient handling devices and body weight support systems
- Recumbent cross-trainers, treadmills, upper body cycles
Our Therapy Team Our specially trained and licensed therapy staff includes Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and Speech-Language Pathologists. Our support staff is comprised of trained and compassionate office, administrative and therapy technicians. Our on-site leadership includes the Director of Therapy, Clinical Specialists and Clinical Team Leaders.
Physical Therapy Professionals design individualized plans that may include:
- Training in mobility, gait, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs that increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization that increase range-of-motion
- Pain management
Occupational Therapy Professionals impact one’s ability to perform everyday activities of living. Individualized therapeutic treatment plans may include:
- Training for improved independence in dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques to compensate for impaired function
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement in order to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and Language Pathology Professionals address language, cognition and swallowing dysfunction. Individualized plans may include:
- Training to recover language comprehension and memory skills
- Communication techniques for improved speech and language
- Exercise and facilitation techniques to improve muscle performance for speech and swallowing
- Dietary recommendations
Our Therapy Environment
Shelby and MHRS combine excellent therapeutic programming with state-of-the-art equipment for a perfect rehabilitative combination.
- ADL training in a home-like setting
- Recumbent cross-trainers
- Upper body cycles
- Pulley systems and TheraBand stations
- Curb and ramp training set
- Safe patient handling devices used to augment traditional modes of therapy
- State of the art electrical modalities with user-friendly interfaces and protocols
Specialized Therapy Programs: The rehabilitation team at Shelby is skilled in the delivery of the MHRS iHeart Rehabilitation Program, Lymphedema therapy, Vital Stim, Falls Prevention and LSVT Big and Loud.
Collaboration: The MHRS rehabilitation department at Shelby collaborates with Beaumont’s team for the best advancements in surgical spine care, orthopedic joint arthroplasty care and cardiovascular care.
Learn more about MHRS here