West Bloomfield offers skilled rehabilitation in collaboration with Michigan Health & Rehabilitation Services. Our leading team of licensed Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, PT and OT Assistants, and Speech-Language Pathologists deliver services designed to restore and improve function. Our mission is to prepare you for a safe and confident transition back to meaningful activity following an injury or illness.
Physical Therapy Professionals design individualized plans that may include:
- Training in mobility, gait, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs that increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization that increase range-of-motion
- Positioning and pressure relief measures for treatment of wounds
- Pain management
Occupational Therapy Professionals impact one’s ability to perform everyday activities of living. Individualized therapeutic treatment plans may include:
- Training for improved independence in dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques to compensate for impaired function
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement in order to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and Language Pathology Professionals address language, cognition and swallowing dysfunction. Individualized plans may include:
- Training to recover language comprehension and memory skills
- Communication techniques for improved speech and language
- Exercise and facilitation techniques to improve muscle performance for speech and swallowing
- Dietary recommendations
Our Therapy Environment
West Bloomfield and MHRS combine excellent therapeutic programming with state-of-the-art equipment for a perfect rehabilitative combination.
- ADL training in a home-like setting
- Recumbent cross-trainers
- Upper body cycles
- Pulley systems and TheraBand stations
- Curb and ramp training set
- Safe patient handling devices used to augment traditional modes of therapy
- State of the art electrical modalities with user-friendly interfaces and protocols
Our Rehabilitation Environment
The therapy gym at West Bloomfield is designed to meet all of your rehabilitation needs.
The Homestead is a virtual apartment located within our rehabilitation department. This apartment, equipped with a bedroom, kitchen and bathroom facilities, allows patients to practice essential living skills needed to successfully transition back into their home environment.
The Therapy Equipment The therapy gym at West Bloomfield is well equipped with recumbent cross-trainers, upper body cycles, pulley systems, TheraBand stations, a treadmill, a curb and ramp training set; virtually everything you need to maximize recovery.
Specialized Therapy Programs The rehabilitation team at West Bloomfield is skilled in the delivery of the MHRS iHeart Rehabilitation Program, Lymphedema therapy, Vital Stim, Falls Prevention and LSVT Big and Loud.
Collaboration: The rehabilitation department at West Bloomfield collaborates with our Beaumont team for the best advancements in surgical spine care, orthopedic joint arthroplasty care and cardiovascular care.
Learn more about MHRS here